Thursday 12 February 2009

School

While taking notes during class I have this habit of writing down things my professors say that read out of context don't really have anything to do with lecture. When I am in Brockport I usually read the quotes at dinner or when everyone is just sitting around. Because I am in Portsmouth I have Decided to post them here. You will have to imagine me doing an English accent. The following are quotes from my classes today:

"ALL HAPPY BUNNIES? THAT'S JOLLY GOOD!"
"JUST BUM DOWN TOWARD THE FRONT"
"THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO IS STILL SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES!"
"STONES ARE AN OLD FASHIONED WORD FOR TESTICLES"
" LET'S MAKE A START"
My instructors all seem to be pretty "jolly". Today I had Global Sociology and disability, Stigma and Social life. They are back to back classes and in the same building so that is really nice. The lecture halls here are set up pretty differently though. The building I was in today had two floors. You can only gain access to the rooms individually from outside. The rooms form a box around a courtyard that has benches to sit on which is really nice out when it isn't raining. the past to days have been nice and sunny. I took a few pictures on my walk back from class today. The academic buildings are about an 8 minute walk from my dorm which is really nice. I pass the city museum that looks like a castle on my way to most places. the library is also pretty much the halfway point to class from my building which is also nice. We don't have to buy books here! they post most things online and they books they suggest you look at are in the library and are not required.
I got a package today with twizzlers, chocolate, macaroni and cheese (Annie's), granola bars, crasins, and other things. I don't think the British have ever heard of snacks before. So I think I might go do some snacking.

7 comments:

  1. Sweet! Mom was so psyched to send the package. Happy early Valentine's! Matt and I are going to Florida tonight and on the cruise tomorrow, so we will get lots of snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab mary! those professors seem absolutely righteous! i dont really know anymore english words. glad you're studying hard, we're watching dave with hebrew subtitles. oy vey. mishyaface

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i made you think you were so popular

    ReplyDelete
  4. popular you're not really pop-u-lar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but you are popular! So popular, in fact, that Andrea and I talked about how cool you are this morning (evening for her) over Skype. Hopefully that'll happen with us soon.
    Happy Day, Valentine!

    ReplyDelete