Monday 2 March 2009

Friday feb 27

On Friday after I got out of class at 11 I quickly packed a bag and met with Rachel for our first trip to London! We grabbed a baguette on the way to the train station which is a 15 minute walk from my dorm. The train ride was about an hour and 40 minutes all together because it makes stops along the way. We got into London at Waterloo and took the tube to Kensington. The tube seemed like it took us to the center of the earth. I have never in my life been on escalators that steep before. When we got out onto the street it was filled with little junk tourist shops and places to eat.. alot like new york city. We walked about 3 blocks and found the hotel Umi which was where I stayed for the weekend. I shared the room with two other girls but they hadn't arrived yet when I checked in.
For the rest of the afternoon we just walked around into the little boutiques and got some potato leek soup from a cafe. Rachel and I were both so tired so after eating we went back to the hotel and took a nap. Brockport's Study abroad program planned this weekend trip for all of it's students studying in the UK so after we rested a bit we went down to the bar to have dinner and drinks with the directors of the UK programs and Other students studying through Brockport. They gave us tube passes and guides that told us what the city had to offer. All the students went to Piccadilly circus and walked around for a bit. It was really crowded and is located in the west end. It is the central location of all the theaters in London. Every one was really tired so we went to a pub and had a drink and decided to go back to the hotel because we had an early start for a bus tour in the morning.

1 comment: